Sharron Kay King
What is the history of your ministry? Where did you begin? Why did you choose this path of ministry?
- I was born again July 25th, 1987 completely delivered of nearly 14 years of drug abuse and alcoholism. My ministry began that night. I didn't chose this path, God called me to it; I'm just thankful I listened and followed His voice.
- Who are some of your major musical influences? Why do they affect you the way they do?
- Oh gee.... that's a hard question to answer. I guess most recently I have been affected by Gordon Mote. He is amazing! Using his God given talents to exalt the King of Kings is such an encouragement to me. Anyone with any amount of talent who uses it for the Lord is an influence to me.
- Who has been your biggest spiritual influence?
- WHO, you ask? Well, Jesus of course. People have and will always make mistakes, me included. I honestly try to keep my eyes off man and focus on Christ. I'm not saying there hasn't been folks along this journey that have inspired me but there are just so many different people who I have been encouraged by to even mention just one or two. I'm thankful for every person that God has crossed my path with for in one way or another I have learned something from every one.
- How many dates to you do per year? What kind of venues do you sing at?
- I am currently doing anywhere between 100 to 150 dates a year. I don't want to be where God doesn't want me. So, as the phone rings and inquiries come my way I take it as an open door to ministry. I have and will continue going where those doors are open including churches, revivals, speaking engagements, prisons, etc; I cannot put a limit on GOD so how can I limit my availablity for Him to use me?
- Are you involved in other areas of ministry besides music?
- Yes, I am involved with Womens Ministries speaking at luncheons, banquests & revivals.
- Where do you see your ministry in the next 10 years?
- Only God know's that; but I hope HE finds me still willing to follow where HE leads me and being obedient to be HIS servant.
- Talk a little bit about your current project and/or single.
- My current single is "I Was On His Mind" written by Eric Horner released on Heritage Communications Comp. by Jeff O'Neal. This song carries a wonderful message of how not only were we on Jesus' mind the day of Calvary, but HE is continually mindful of our every need, our every fear and every heartache. I hope folks will feel encouraged after hearing this song. Jesus cares and HE shows us HIS through the hearts of others as HE places us on other people's hearts to encourage us.
- How can people reach you for a concert or ministry service?
- www.sharronkayking.com or 765-993-6986
Back to Features...